There are few things more delightful than the companionship of our furry friends. They’re loyal, loving, cute as can be, and can brighten our days even when misbehaving. (Like this guy.)
And what better day to celebrate them than National Pet Day?
So bring on the treats and tummy rubs, and show your critter just how much you appreciate everything about them. (Like this guy.) Go that extra mile with your pup and let him roam leash-less, and upgrade to a fancier feast for your favorite kitty — heck, maybe even serve real fish! Whatever you do, make it memorable.
And that’s not all. To really show the love, we’ve got two Charity Miles challenges for you.
- Leash On: Whoever raises the most money for SU2C or ASPCA on Charity Miles in the next week will get a special prize from each organization. SU2C is rewarding its 1st place winner with a $75 SU2C Gift Card, 2nd place will win $50 gift card and 3rd place will win $25. ASPCA will reward their top two winners with Team ASPCA swag bags, including a hoodie, T-shirt, water bottle, $50 dollar gift card, and more!
- Put Your Paws Up: We want to see how much you love your pet — literally. So show us! We’ll select five winners in the next week to feature on our blog and Facebook, and they’ll of course snag some critter swag. (Email submissions to CharityMilesNYC@gmail.com.)
Ready, set, go! You’ve been unleashed…
Never really thought about the diversity. Im open minded enough to just think every situation is normal for the person involved….
Go Disney, bro. Just gimme a lesbian princess and a gay prince charming and i’ll fight every battle for you.
Try this simple and healthy recipe!
- mini eggplant
- brown rice
- sliced tilapia fillets
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- cut the eggplant width-wise into 2 inch sections
- cut out the middle of the eggplant to create a little cup (i used a knife)
- In a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees. place the eggplant onto a baking dish covered in olive oil, it’ll help give it some flavor and not stick.
- bake for 25-30 minutes, take out of oven and add seasonings salt, black pepper, the fresh basil, and a little bit of garlic powder. place back into oven
- after 15 minutes take out of oven and stuff with rice and fish mixture. then into the oven it goes again for another 15 minutes. after that sprinkle some parm cheese on it. 5 minutes in oven. then done!!!!
- serve and enjoy!
*I like it made this way but some people would prefer it with a sauce since it can be a bit dry. I can’t recommend anything but if i were to try it with a sauce i would try a clam sauce or a vodka sauce*
Let me know how it goes! =]